Tag Archives: CRM2015 Update 1

Outlook Plugin with CRM Online & Office 365: Tracked Items Aren’t Tracked

Published by:

We recently ran across an issue when setting up CRM Online 2015 Update 1 with Office 365 Exchange Online. A user installed the Outlook plugin, and could click the Track and Set Regarding functions – even select which record it should be Regarding – but the record never made it to CRM. The original symptom wasthe “Convert To” function was grayed out no matter what we did.

The issue is that in some cases, the Email Server Profile defaults to a value that doesn’t work. Both Incoming Server Location and Outgoing Server Location need to be set to

https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

But how? The field disappears almost immediately, and you can’t create a new form against this entity, nor can you create workflows.

So I forced it to reopen by using the F12 debugger and setting the field to be editable. For example, incomingserverlocation can be edited by opening the F12 debugger and removing the applicable clause. For example, here, you would remove the part that says disabled=”disabled” altogether. This opens up the field to be edited.

2015-08-05 14_02_04-Inspector - https___xxxxx.crm.dynamics.com_main.aspx_etc=9605&extraq

You need to do this for the three fields.

  • Autodiscover Server Location = No
  • Incoming Server Location = https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
  • Outgoing¬†Server Location = https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

2015-08-05 13_54_43-Email Server Profile_ Test 2 - Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Then associate your user(s) to the profile. You then need to approve them and click the Test button.

But mine came back with this error:

Email cannot be sent because the email address of the mailbox John Smith requires an approval by an Office 365 administrator. The mailbox has been disabled for sending email and the owner of the email server profile Test 2 has been notified.

Make sure the person doing the approving and testing is both an Office 365 admin and a CRM admin.

CRM for Phones: “A primary entity column cannot have a dot in its name”

Published by:

When using the new CRM For Phones and CRM for Tablets apps against Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Online Update 1, I was getting the following error.

“Sorry, something went wrong while initializing the app. Please try again, or restart the app.”

I looked into some of the standard troubleshooting steps for this one and none of them applied.

So I enabled tracing. It was a big PITA to install all 150mb of iTunes and wait for sync, but it was worth it because I found the following error in the logs.

Error Message:Microsoft.Crm.CrmInvalidOperationException: Unable to process the following entities - contact. Please try disabling the entities and try again. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: A primary entity column cannot have a dot in its name

The key being A primary entity column cannot have a dot in its name.

Because “having a dot in its name” alludes to an aliased field, I checked that my custom code didn’t contain anything odd – it didn’t. I finally found the problem in a corrupt View definition.

2015-07-27 13_36_02-View_ Contacts_ No Orders in Last 6 Months - Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Internet E

2015-07-27 14_44_14-Message from webpage

After removing the bad columns, the mobile app fired up no problem.