If you use MavensMate for SublimeText (on Mac) for your Salesforce development, you might have encountered an issue after your org was updated to Summer ’16. Apparently Salesforce deprecated TLS 1.0 and MavensMate doesn’t support it in versions less than 7.0.
There is a lot of information out there but it’s all over the place. Also the MavensMate community has a maddening tendency to assume everyone’s an uber-developer and understands all the shortcuts and terminology.
Here’s how to nix the problem.
- Download and install the MavensMate.app from GitHub.
- In Sublime Text, edit your Package Control settings for your user. You can’t edit the global ones.
- Add the following line to your user settings.
- Quit and restart Sublime Text.
- In Sublime, use COMMAND+SHIFT+P and type “Package Control”. Run “Upgrade Package”.
- Now, in the MavensMate app you installed, you need to Settings in the hamburger menu at the top left. Then, add the path to your source files – in my case, /users/bhatcher/documents/source.
"install_prereleases": [ "MavensMate" ],
May the force be with you. Send me a tweet – @BobHatcher – if you have any questions.